Here’s a great last minute appetizer for a holiday family get together, sports event party, birthday party, you name it.
Not only is it economical, it’s easy and quick, and the ingredients can be found at most any local grocery store, even a convenience store like 7-11, so you can show up at your friend’s party with something great in-hand besides a sweaty-palm handshake.
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese (low-fat will do, it tends to be softer and easier to scoop with a cracker.
- 1 jar salsa (mild, medium, or hot – you choose)
- 1 box of the new Triscuit crackers Avocado, Cilantro, Lime flavored
- 1 or 2 limes cut into sections and twists for garnish and flavor
- Wheat Thins and cream cheese with a side of Jalapeno Jelly, and garnish with sliced Jalapenos from a jar
- Wheat Thins (or another mild-flavored cracker) and cream cheese served with a side dish of Mint Jelly; garnish with sprigs of fresh mint.
Our family favorites were all three versions, my mother usually didn’t have a family dinner without them. Have you tried anything of these? What’s your favorite? Do you have your own recipe like this that uses crackers and cream cheese? I’d love to hear about them in your comment below.